Thanks to text speech, abbreviated terms, online slang etc. it can be difficult to comprehend what actually is being said.
Our guide to dating terminology will help you understand confusing terms and ensure you know exactly what you are getting yourself into 🙂 :
- Adventurer - one who has several sexual partners.
- Alternative - living one's life that is contrary to social norms.
- BBW – Big Beautiful Woman
- BDSM – Bondage / Domination / Submission / Masochism
- Casual Encounters - a no strings attached relationship where commitment is not required by either party.
- Cougar - An older, experienced woman who is primarily interested in a sexual relationship with men several years her junior. Cougars are generally attractive and can be found hunting in bars & nightclubs and ever more frequently online. Cougars avoid many of the bullshit games younger ladies engage in.
- FWB – Friends with Benefits.
- Hooking Up - A sexual relationship, possibly between friends, with little commitment.
- Illicit Encounters - a no strings attached relationship, where commitment is not required but one or both parties are already attached in another relationship.
- Kiss and Tell - sharing information about a conquest.
- Mature Women - women of an advancing age still involved in the dating game.
- MILF - Mother I Would Like to F*** (also MILFS)
- NSA - see No Strings Attached
- No Strings Attached - sexual relationship without any of the complications associated with a normal relationship.
- One Night Stand - sex for one night only with no strings attached.
Got more terms or abbreviations we haven't listed here? Add them to the list using the comments below.